Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Hospital Trip #3

Yes, you read that title correctly! Jacob also got his turn to stay in the hospital.

Jacob had a high fever for 5 days, at the end of which it was determined that he had a Urinary Tract Infection. He was on antibiotics for 7 days and was referred to a pediatrician due to his kidney history. Six days after the first round of fever, his fever returned. I called the pediatrician's office and thankfully got our appointment bumped up. The doctor we saw was the same guy who saw Laura in hospital (it was at my request because he is an awesome doctor). The doctor said Jacob needed to be on IV antibiotics due to his history and the new fever. Actually, the words he used were "sorry mom, every time I see you I send your kids to the hospital!". Jacob had an IV for three days, but, thankfully, I think the second fever was related to Roseola as Jacob broke out into a rash while in hospital. Laura thought the whole experience of visiting Jacob was fun, because she was remembered by the nurses by name and got to play in the toy room again....

I REALLY, REALLY hope that we don't have to see the hospital again this year!!

He was a real trooper after multiple attempts at getting an IV line in!

Yep, still chewing on it....

Jacob's first selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment